Together 4 Kids (T4K)
What is T4K?
T4K is a voluntary child development program for ALL four-year-old children who reside in the Monona Grove School District (MGSD). Children who reside outside of the district may apply to attend if their home district also offers a 4K program. (see below for registration instructions) The T4K curriculum is provided by the school district and is the same at all sites. The curriculum is specifically designed to meet the social, emotional and educational needs of four-year-olds.
Where are classes held?
Classes will be held at Learning Ladder, other private preschools/child care centers and public elementary schools.
What is the cost of the T4K program?
There is no cost to families to attend T4K. There are additional costs for families who require wrap-around care.
Will transportation be provided?
Transportation will be provided by MGSD following their existing guidelines. If your child requires wrap-around care, we strongly recommend that you choose Learning Ladder as your 1st site option.
What are the hours/days of the week?
T4K will be held 5 days a week for 2 hours and 50 minutes a day (7:50-10:40). The program will follow the MGSD calendar with an additional 4-6 days off for teacher in-service.
How do I register my child?
Enrollment for T4K begins in February. The enrollment process differs slightly for District (Cottage Grove & Monona) and Non-District families:
- The school district will mail registration materials to known eligible families in December/January. If you did not receive these materials, they may be picked up at the Early Learning Fair (ELF) the 1st Monday in February or by contacting the T4K administrative assistant.
- The T4K registration form, proof of residency and birth certificate will be accepted at the ELF or may be returned to Taylor Prairie School. Be sure to mark Learning Ladder as your preferred site.
- To be eligible for Open Enrollment into the Monona Grove School District’s T4K program, your home district must also offer a similar 4-year-old kindergarten program.
- Parents must first apply for Open Enrollment through the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) website, www.dpi.wi.gov during the open enrollment application period that begins on the first Monday in February and ends the last weekday in April.
- All applications must be submitted during this period. Applications received after the open enrollment period closes CANNOT be accepted. Please visit the DPI website for exact dates and additional information.
- Families will receive notification of their approval or denial from both the Monona Grove School District and their home district in June.
- Once approval is granted from both school districts, families will receive additional T4K paperwork from MGSD to finalize the enrollment process.
Why Choose Learning Ladder for Your Child’s T4K and Wrap-Around Care?
- Experience – Learning Ladder has been serving Cottage Grove’s childcare and preschool needs since 1994!
- Safety – Your child will be safe with us. With our security locked doors and gated playground, you can rest assured that your child is safe and secure.
- Transportation – When your child attends both T4K and wrap-around care at Learning Ladder, your child will only have to make a short walk down the hallway after class. You and your child will not have to stand outside in the cold, rain and snow waiting for the bus.
- Snacks & Meals – Nutritious and delicious breakfast, lunch and snacks are prepared onsite and served everyday to all wrap-around students.
- Availability – With wrap-around care, your child will have the opportunity to attend Learning Ladder on the many days when there is no T4K, including winter & spring breaks.
- Education – With our own preschool curriculum, your child’s education will continue in the hours when T4K is not in session. Whether it’s an educational activity, art project or just playing with friends, every day will be an exciting adventure for your child!
- Familiarity – Our T4K teachers also work with our school age children in the afternoons and summer. If you choose to use our after school and summer programs as your child gets older, they will already know and be familiar with our teachers.
For information regarding Learning Ladder’s wrap around care, call Linda at 839-5437.
For information about T4K registration, applications, placement or the Early Learning Fair, contact the T4K administrative assistant at 839-8515 x2603 or visit the T4K page at www.mononagrove.org.
For information about Open Enrollment dates, paperwork or other requirements, visit the DPI website at www.dpi.wi.gov.