Frequently Asked Questions
Click on any of the questions below to see the answer. Have a question that you don't see? Contact Us and we will answer it for you.
- What are the hours of operation?
- What ages do you care for?
- Is Learning Ladder licensed by the State of Wisconsin?
- What are your rates?
- When is tuition due?
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- Will you provide statements?
- Is there a registration fee?
- What days is Learning Ladder closed?
- Do you offer any vacation time?
- My child attends part time; can I add or switch days?
- Do you have part day or hourly rates?
- Is there an additional charge when my school age child attends when schools are closed?
- What is the staff to child ratio?
- Do you offer a preschool program?
- Are meals and snacks provided?
- Are menus available?
- What if my child is not potty trained?
- What type of education does your staff have?
- Do the children take field trips?
- Do I need to contact Learning Ladder when my child will be absent?
- Do the classrooms have a daily routine?
- Can I bring in a special treat for my child’s birthday?
- How often do the children go outside?
- How do I know if my child is too sick to attend Learning Ladder?
- Do I need to notify Learning Ladder when my child has been diagnosed with a communicable disease?
- How will parents be notified of a communicable disease?
- Will Learning Ladder staff administer medications?
- Will Learning Ladder close for severe weather?
- How often do the children watch TV or movies?
- Are pets allowed on the property?
- How much notice is required to terminate my contract?
- Is anyone else allowed to pick up my child?
- What happens if I’m late to pick up my child?
- What do I need to bring on my first day?
Return to top Return to top
Is Learning Ladder licensed by the State of Wisconsin?
Yes, we are licensed by the State of Wisconsin. Our license and other information pertaining to it is posted on the parent board in the main hallway. You will also find a copy of both our Parent Policy Manual and the Licensing Rules for Group Child Care Centers on the table behind the menu board and on our Policies page.
What are your rates?
Tuition is charged weekly. You will find your weekly rate on your contract. For a current rate sheet, please see our Rates page.
What days is Learning Ladder closed?
Learning Ladder is closed 10 days throughout our contract year. This includes the holidays: Labor Day, Thanksgiving (Thursday & Friday), Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, Good Friday, Memorial Day, and Independence Day. We will also be closed one day for staff training, usually in July. For a list of dates, see our Dates Closed page.
Do you offer any vacation time?
Yes, children may be eligible for 1 week of vacation per contract year. Vacations Requests must be made in advance and must encompass one full week (Monday through Friday)
My child attends part time; can I add or switch days?
Children who attend part time (2 or 3 days per week) may add an additional day if there is room available. Parents must contact the office and receive authorization in advance. Children are not allowed to switch days, but you may add a day instead.
Is there an additional charge when my school age child attends when schools are closed?
No. Many other programs will charge an additional fee if your child attends when there is an early dismissal or day off from school. At Learning Ladder, we do not charge an extra fee for any early dismissal, day off or even winter and spring breaks.
Are meals and snacks provided?
Yes, Learning Ladder provides breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack prepared onsite every day. We do not provide baby food. Parents of infants must provide milk, formula and baby food until the child is able to eat the meals provided.
Are menus available?
Yes, there is a menu board with each day’s breakfast, lunch and snack updated daily. Monthly menus are available on the table behind the menu board and can also be found on our website. Any changes will be posted on the menus outside the kitchen.
What type of education does your staff have?
Our staff has a wide range of educational experience, including Master’s, Bachelors, and Associate degrees while some are currently taking classes towards their degree. All staff meets the minimum requirements for yearly continuing education as well as CPR and First Aid training.
Do the children take field trips?
Yes, we take several field trips each year. Some past trips include local Dream Parks, Bounce U, and the pumpkin patch. We will notify you in advance of all field trips that require transportation. Many classrooms will take walking trips around the block; go shopping at the Piggly Wiggly; visit the elderly across the street; or run and climb at the Community Park located behind our campus.
Can I bring in a special treat for my child’s birthday?
Yes, you may bring in a healthly treat for your child’s birthday. Please talk with your child’s teachers first so they can plan accordingly and let you know of any children with food allergies in the classroom. Suggestions: fruit, veggies and dip, cheese and cracker or jello.
How often do the children go outside?
Weather permitting the children will go outside every day. Please make sure your child has appropriate clothing for the various seasons. Exceptions for outdoor time are extreme heat or cold or rain.
How do I know if my child is too sick to attend Learning Ladder?
Children need to be in good health to get the most out of their school day. Our policy is that if a child is well enough to attend, he/she must be well enough to participate in all daily activities, including outdoor play. Children should also stay home if they have a temperature of over 100, have vomited or had diarrhea in the past 24 hours or have a contagious illness. Exclusion periods for communicable diseases vary and a list can be found at www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/communicable/factsheets/index
Do I need to notify Learning Ladder when my child has been diagnosed with a communicable disease?
Yes, please notify Learning Ladder as soon as your child is diagnosed with a communicable illness. We will let you know what the exclusion period is and post the illness on the parent board so other families are aware. No personal information will be posted, only the illness, date and number of children who have it.
How will parents be notified of a communicable disease?
As soon as we are notified, we will post a note on the parent board located across from the office in the main hallway. The note will include the name of the disease, date we were notified and the number of children who have been diagnosed by a doctor. For less common diseases, we will often post a fact sheet describing its symptoms, how it’s spread and other information.
Will Learning Ladder staff administer medications?
Yes, we will administer over-the-counter and prescription medications to your child. Parents must fill out an Authorization to Administer Medication form (available from your child’s teacher) and all medications must be in the original container labeled with your child’s name.
How often do the children watch TV or movies?
TV is used occasionally as an educational learning tool or for fun on special occasions such as pajama day. The content for the young children is limited to programs that are curriculum related; music, dancing, exercise, sign language, or any other movie that considered “good for children.” (Ex. Sesame Street, educational video but not cartoons)
Are pets allowed on the property?
We currently have a pet turtle and a few frogs that live at Learning Ladder. We kindly ask that you do not bring in your pets from home as some children may have allergies.
Is anyone else allowed to pick up my child?
Yes, with your approval other people are allowed to pick up your child. Please notify the office in advance anytime anyone other than yourself will pick up. We will check the ID of anyone we do not recognize.
- Breast Milk/Formula
- Baby food (until the child is able to eat the meals provided)
- 3 sets of spare clothes
- Small blanket and pillow for nap time
- Small stuffed animal for nap time
- Weather appropriate outerwear